Thank you for bearing with us as we have worked to plan the best possible virtual UMAP conference. This webpage contains important information about the preparation of your video presentation for the conference, so please read carefully.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR ALL THE AUTHORS OF ACCEPTED PAPERS
Below we provide instructions for Copyright and Video recording that are the same for all the papers. After that, specific requirements for each Type of Paper are provided.
- We are planning to make the conference presentations available in the ACM Digital Library as “Auxiliary Materials” associated with your paper. However, you are not required to make your presentation available in this way. It is strictly optional.
- If you do plan to allow the presentation to be entered into the ACM DL, be sure you answered “yes” to recording on the eRights form that you signed.
Video recording instructions
- Videos should be prepared using the instructions from the ACM on the URL below and should have the following properties:
- 16×9 aspect ratio
- MP4/MP4V format
- The Video Codec is H.264 and the Audio Codec is AAC+ or AAC. MPEG4 PART 10 or AVC
- Use a Picture-in-Picture capable video mixer to display both presenter and slide content.
- Videos must have accompanying subtitles / captions to meet accessibility standards
- Subtitles must be in the form of a separate SRT format file.
- SRT files can be created in YouTube, but must be manually edited. YouTube text-to-speech will miss most technical terminology with unpredictable results.
- Create a zip archive with MP4 and SRT files.
- Rename zip archive to contain paper DOI. Example: 3380624.zip
- Upload to Firefox Send: https://send.firefox.com/ (Set “Expires after 5 downloads or 7 days”).
- Fill out the form at https://forms.gle/2vFX64jqExETz4gU8 (you will need to supply: your paper #, title, DOI, the Firefox Send archive URL and length in seconds, and whether you decline the option to have your video added to the ACM Digital Library).
- Video presentations are due Monday, June 15.
- Register for the conference.
- General ACM Requirements for Digital Library Recording
- Further advice from SIGCHI on recording videos
INSTRUCTIONS FOR LONG AND SHORT PAPERS FOR THE MAIN CONFERENCE
The conference will consist of pre-recorded video presentations and live question and answer sessions repeated twice each day. We are doing this to ensure quality of the video portions of the conference and to enable participation of our colleagues in time zones around the globe. For example, each day of the conference will feature a Session A starting at 2 pm UTC and then the same presentations will be repeated in Session A’ at 12 am UTC.
- Long papers will be allocated a presentation time of 15 minutes.
- Short papers will be allocated a presentation time of 10 minutes.
- Video presentations are due Monday, June 15
INSTRUCTIONS FOR WORKSHOP PAPERS
See the instructions above for copyright release and video instructions
- Fill out the form at [https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd6R_H5aKonAndq5HHr2k-y9xS0KCSkFRISYBZBY7ziuPKLNQ/viewform?usp=sf_link] (you will need to supply: your paper #, title, DOI, the Firefox Send archive URL and length in seconds, and whether you decline the option to have your video added to the ACM Digital Library).
- Video presentations are due Monday, June 24.
- Register for the conference (at least one author for accepted paper).