Financial support will be available to help a number of students attend UMAP 2016. This support is provided in collaboration with the sponsors of the conference: UM Inc., NSF, Microsoft, Google.
The support will be provided based on acceptance of an application for support. Granted support will be reimbursed based on submitted receipts and forms after the conference. All students receiving support will be requestesd to help with a small organization task during the conference. Possible tasks for volunteers include:
- Conference room preparations
- Registration desk - registering participants, general support
- Technical support - get instructions from the technician and then support each conference room in case some problems occur
- Upload presentation slides on the conference siteother
- Cleaning / packing / removing signs, directions after the conference
- Other tasks
Priority for support will be given to student authors of papers at the conference and/or the doctoral symposium. The amount of financial support will be known at later stage and will depend on number and qualification of applicants.
Please therefore register and pay your fees as indicated in the conference registration site.
You will need to prepare:
- a filled application form, which includes a brief CV and an itemized budget of expected expenses that are not covered by other sources (for example, the University, a project or research grant, or an external foundation travel stipend).
The application deadline (by which all documents should be received) is June 17, 2016.