UMAP 2014 will offer limited financial support to students attending the conference and the doctoral symposium. Students receiving support will be expected to perform volunteering duties during the conference. Priority for support will be given to student authors of papers at the conference or the doctoral symposium. In order to apply for a financial support, you must fulfill below listed requirements and apply according to the described steps.
- Be fluent in English
- Reliable, punctual and flexible at possible stresful times during the conference
- Team player
- Interested in UMAP topics, if possible accepted a publication at the conference
Application deadline: 6th of June 2014
Acceptance notification: 13th of June 2014
The amount of financial support will be known at later stage and will depend on number and qualification of applicants.
Student support will be paid to students accepted in the call in the form of reimbursement from UM Inc after the conference. Procedure will be announced later. Please therefore register and pay your fees as indicated in the registration forms as the student support is independent of that. It will be paid directly to you after the conference and not to the organizers to cover their costs.
Additional support for U.S. based Doctoral students:
We expect to receive funding from the US National Science Foundation to fund student travel. This is for U.S. based students (one per institution) presenting papers and posters at the conference, or attending the doctoral symposium. U.S. based students who want to apply for funding should begin by sending Professor Bamshad Mobasher, email@example.com, an email with an itemized budget of expected expenses (that are not covered by other sources), and the total amount of their request. He will later send the form you need to complete to get the reimbursement. Please note that he will need this information before the conference so that UMAP 2014 can determine how the NSF funds will be distributed.
Possible tasks for volunteers
- Conference room preparations
- Registration desk - registering participants, general support
- Technical support - get instructions from the technician and then support each conference room in case some problems occur
- Upload presentation slides on the conference site
- Cleaning / packing / removing signs, directions after the conference
- Other tasks
In case you would have some questions, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org